Let's face it, jewellery can get real dirty and grimy when it's worn for years without much caring. We usually recommend cleaning your jewellery every 6 months, it's like cleaning your car occasionally.
Here are some tips to get started:
1. Give it a wash with some simple tools like a toothbrush for those hard to reach places. When washing use lukewarm water with liquid soap and gently using the brush to give a soft scrub. Once it's clean give a good rinse and dry with a clean cloth
2. If you don't have a ultrasonic cleaner which we sell them here:
These polishing cloths are absolute essential when it comes to shining silver back to life.
4. Use Silver Dip for Silver Chains or that you have a good collection of silverware. It removes tarnish easily and quickly which can be difficult to clean with a polishing cloth alone. You can find the product we sell here:
Be sure to rinse your silver jewellery well after using the cleanser as the chemical residue will remain and may cause skin irritation. Once it's rinsed dry with a clean cloth.
5. Don't over scrub your jewellery as this will damage the surface finish. Some jewellery are made with gold-plating, plating, epoxy, vermeil or colouring and this will cause permanent damage.
6. Now that your jewellery are pristine clean as new, store it in a not so humid place where it won't get tarnished easily. Ideally, precious jewellery should be stored in a box away from air so it won't get oxidised.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …